Mascara is one of my favourite makeup products. It’s also one product that can easily be applied incorrectly.
Here are a few of my tips to help you achieve thicker, fuller lashes:
– start applying mascara from the base of your lashes and wriggle upwards slowly. This way, you cover all the lashes achieving length.
– too many coats of mascara can cause those dreaded ‘spider’ lashes. Remember not to wait too long for the mascara to dry in between coats.
– a lot of people do this and I admit I have also been guilty of this in the past…do you pump your mascara wand in and out of the tube? This pushes air into the tube and will dry out your mascara a lot faster, which in turn causes clumping and flaking. Instead, slowly insert your wand, swirl it around to coat the wand and pull out.
– apply black eyeliner on your upper waterline. This automatically gives the appearance of thicker fuller lashes.
– I apply mascara on my bottom lashes first because if I don’t I usually end up with mascara on my eyelids when trying to stretch my eyes open to do my bottom lashes.
– if you have straight lashes or you’re after more of a curl, use a curler BEFORE you apply mascara. Remember to curl from the base of your lashes and not half way up!